Back to top


If they say it will be done by a certain day, it will be done no matter what. We are impressed with their love of their profession!!


Meet Ying Sa

Ying Sa is the founder and Principal Certified Public Accountant at Community CPA & Associates, Inc. based in Des Moines, Iowa. The firm provides tax, audit, accounting, business re-structuring and business IT solutions to businesses and individuals across the United States and Canada.



Community CPA Blogs

Foreign Tax

Foreign tax issues can be confusing, frustrating, overwhelming and intimidating. At Community CPA & Associates, Inc., we specialize in dealing with foreign tax issues. You can count on our extensive knowledge and experience to help solve your problem.

As an individual, you can encounter these issues when you are not a US citizen, but they can also crop up if you are a US citizen and have foreign investments and bank savings. As a business, you can encounter foreign tax issues when hiring workers in the United States with Visas, or when you need to send employees out of the country to work for a period of time.

To give you an idea of the types of other foreign tax assistance we offer, we've listed the questions we are frequently asked:

  • How to report the foreign assets on Form 8938?
  • I am in the United States only part of the year. Do I file 1040NR or 1040?
  • I am a dual-status alien. What do I do about my taxes?
  • I am an H1 Visa holder - I would like to start a business. How?
  • My wife has an ITIN. If I include her on my return, I would lose all of my refund. Why?
  • Can I have a business under an ITIN?
  • I want to buy a land in Iowa but I am not a U.S. citizen. Is there an issue?
  • I have rental property in China, but live in the U.S. for 3 months per year and live in Canada 9 months per year. Where do I need to file taxes, and how do I separate my income?
  • My company sent me to China this fall. What is going to happen to my tax return?
  • I have an excellent employee. But he cannot work here anymore unless my business sponsors him for an H1B Visa. Can you tell me whether my company is qualified to sponsor him? If so, what is the process to make this happen?
  • If I am an F-1 or J-1 Student Visa holder, what do I do with my tax returns? What are the tax treaties that apply to my country?
  • I have a bank account in Germany that I hold Euros in. Do I need to file with the IRS to tell them how much I have?
  • How do I convert my foreign currency to report it on my US tax return?
  • What forms do I need to file if I hold stocks in a company based in France?

If you have similar questions, you will surely find your answers with us. You can email us your questions, and depending on the complexity of your situation, we can often give you the answers you need without charge. If your situation is a bit more complex, you can set up an appointment and we will be delighted to work with you. We are committed to helping you understand and resolve these issues.